Hi there,
This week's task was to record ourselves using different kinds of English while speaking - the British one and the American one. Honestly, it's been probably the hardest task so far, especially the British part. I did my best, I did the recording about 8 times, but still I struggled while trying to use the British pronounciation, as it sounded everything but not natural to me. The biggest problem I had was using the words "adults" and "ballet" with a word stress on the first syllable.
What I've found out was that I had been using the British pronounciation of can't instead of the American one in some cases. From now on, I hope I'm gonna use only the American pronounciation.
But I have to admit that even though it took me the most time to do the task, I had the most fun with it.
I wasn't really sure what I wanted to practice, as I know I should practice everything, which I've been doing, but thinking of a singular task, I couldn't decide, but I found a funny tongue twisters on helpforenglish, so I decided to try it! I realized that having more than two words that sound similar in one sentence can easily cause complications when trying to pronouce them correctly, but I am happy to try, as it gave me another knowledge. It was so much fun, even though I almost broke my tongue :D
Žádné komentáře:
Okomentovat