sobota 2. května 2015

Picture description




Well, to be honest, I don't mind describing pictures any more since I've been doing that every single week. I've learnt that if there is nothing happening in the picture, it's necessary to think out of the box and try to create a story behind the picture. But this means my fluency is sometimes worse than I wish it to be. The reason is that I have to think about the story and about all the stuff I want to share, as I don't want just describe what is obviously in the picture, since everybody can see that.

In the given picture I had several problems: as I have already mentioned, it was fluency - there were pauses in few sentences that didn't sound very well, e.g. "very often suffer from fear," or "who drank themselves to death". I also wasn't able to hear some articles while "profreading" the recording, even though I think I used them. So it means I either forget to use them, which is not good, or used them and didn't pronounc them properly, which is not acceptable either, so I definitely have to work on proper pronounciation of articles.

At the beginning I also used a phrase "in a pub" instead of "in the pub", but fortunately, I corrected myself.

Also gap filler used within the sentence including "horrible results" made it sound like as if I used an article before the word horrible.

The second task meant practicing some words that are stressed on the first syllable in order to try to exagerrate it a little, as I need to remember not to forgot to pronounce even stress on the first syllable properly.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat