neděle 6. dubna 2014

Scientific articles.

I decided to read two articles, because I thought both of them were very interesting.

The first one was about 3D printing.

http://21stoleti.cz/blog/2014/03/27/lekari-transplantovali-lebku-z-3d-tiskarny/

To me it is important to know that there is a possibility to get neccessary parts of human body even though there are no donors.
And the fact that even all skull was printed and transplanted. What an amazing news. You know, it could save so many lifes of people who are waiting for suitaple donors, but one never know whether these donors appear or not.

I cannot help myself, but I am owerhelmed by it a lot, even though it seems to be a sci-fi to me.

The second one was about contact lenses:

http://21stoleti.cz/blog/2014/03/31/kontaktni-cocky-umozni-nocni-videni/

The coolest thing about contact lenses mentioned in the article is that it would help us to be closer to animals. You know, we will be able to see like a cat. And more importantly, it will help in the army. It is amazing what are doctors able to do. Those inventions that were imposible to be even imagined few years ago.

I would like to try those lenses, even though I do not have problems with eyes. It must be amazing to see the world like a spy. Who would not?

1 komentář:

  1. It´ s amazing how technology went forward during the last decade. The article was really interesting. I agree with you that it´ s great that we are able to print organs without any donors or waiting for the donors. It´s crazy but it can save a lot of lives. On the other hand I´ve read that you can print a functional gun with the 3D printer. So you can print almost everything. And of course it has some pros and cons but it is still amazing.

    OdpovědětVymazat