And the main reason it that I simply think that there are better ways to spend time than sitting in front of the screen for hours, which means that I am mostly against TV.

Why?
1, It is a thief of time. It's addictive. If one starts watching TV, it is very often hard to stop it, which leads to hours of wasted time that could be used better. And it steals time even though you want to watch one movie only. The movie lasts 1,5 hours. The movie with commercials lasts about 15 hours that could have been spent more usefully.
2, There is a lot of violence in it and it definitely influence children's behaviour. They could be more agressive, because it's something they have seen on TV since they were born.
3, Watching TV may lead to conflicts within the family. It's common to have more than one TV in one house nowadays, but when it wasn't, people were very likely to argue about the channel they wanted to watch.
One of the family members wanted to watch Discovery Channel and the second one wanted to watch a horror movie. It all started at the same time. And there was only one TV. And the fight began. They were screaming and throwing things on each other. And the former killed the latter. And one of the CSI Miamy was inspired by that case. And there we are in another family. The man wants to watch CSI Miami, but her wife doesn't. They start to argue. They scream. And that is a cycle of life.. :D Just kidding, but arguments occured and still occure often because of the choice of TV channel.
4, TV separates families. As I've mentioned above, having one TV only was more common in the past. Nobody is surprised when there are 3 or more TV's in one family nowadays.
And each of them in a different room. And every single member of the family uses their own TV. In their own room. Alone. No more family meetings and time spend together.
These are the reasons why I don't like watching TV.
Hii, I agree with your arguments. I think that the one of the worst things is that nowdays, it is quite common to have more than two televison in one household. I know people who have one TV in a living room as a main one, a second one in a kitchen -when mum or whoever who is cooking and the rest of televisons is in every family member´s room. This sad fact leads to a separation of families as you mentioned above.
OdpovědětVymazatI must agree with you. You have mentioned the main arguments why watching TV is bad. To say something about more TVs at home in one family – it is definitely not good. I know a family, where the mother watches TV in a living room, the father watches TV or computer in a kitchen and the children are watching their own computers or notebooks. It surely separates the family. Or I have another example – imagine a married couple. She wants to spend with her husband a romantic night, but he wants to watch the football on TV that evening – and the TV is of course in their bedroom. We have there a conflict of interests and the evening will not end well and no one of them will be happy.
OdpovědětVymazat